UNOFFICIAL C-P Girls' Hoops

This is the unofficial home of the C-P's coverage of SJ high school girls' basketball. This blog will feature all the rumor, opinion, speculation and analysis that would never make it into print. Feel free to leave comments with the knowledge that you are helping drive the C-P's coverage of one of SJ's great communities.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

New C-P T20

1. CC
2. Gami
3. Wilson
4. Spirit
5. Boro
6. AC
7. RV
8. OC
9. Eustace
10. PVI
11. East
12. Cumberland
13. Wash. Twp.
14. Cherokee
15. SHeart
16. Pleasantville
17. Heights
18. Sterling
19. TCreek
20. Moorestown

Almost: Collingswood, Cinnaminson, EHT, Glassboro, Gloucester, Haddonfield, Mainland, Pennsauken, Wildwood, WW Cath, Williamstown

I'm in Ventnor and it's almost halftime of the OC-Trenton Central game right now, the Raiders down by seven but in the game. The wireless signal here is kind of spotty, so I need to keep this short.

As you can see, the top 15 did not change one iota. I agonized over whether to drop Timber Creek or Moorestown for losing games to superior teams, but eventually decided against it. Sterling jumped in for beating Colls soundly on the road. Glassboro was probably the next team in based on an impressive three-loss record, but the Bulldogs still haven't beaten a ranked team so I demurred there.

I just got done watching Eustace lose to Vianney by 18, but I have to say the Crusaders showed themselves to be a much-improved team from the beginning of the season. I was particularly impressed with Claybrook. A point guard has to take her share of the blame when a team commits nearly 30 turnovers, but that was a collective effort. The real difference in the game was the fact that SJV went 9-for-13 from three. That's an owwie every single time, especially since BE's interior D was playing very tough.

After that, Willingboro survived a game with Bishop Kearney, a team from NY. For the life of me, I can't figure out how that team stayed with the Chimeras, but they did. The Boro was too physical in the end, though.

That's it for now. I'll try to post tomorrow, if I get a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home