UNOFFICIAL C-P Girls' Hoops

This is the unofficial home of the C-P's coverage of SJ high school girls' basketball. This blog will feature all the rumor, opinion, speculation and analysis that would never make it into print. Feel free to leave comments with the knowledge that you are helping drive the C-P's coverage of one of SJ's great communities.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

New C-P T20

I'm pretty tired today, and the changes weren't monumental, so I'm going to keep the analysis brief. In any case, here goes:

1. the Irish
2. Gami
3. Wilson
4. Spirit
5. Boro
6. AC
7. RV
8. CH East
9. OCity
10. Haddons
11. Billstown
12. the 'Maids
13. Cumberland
14. the Hearts
15. Heights
16. BE
17. PVI
18. Cherokee
19. Pennsauken
20. EHT

Almost: Mainland, Moorestown, Sterling, Pleasantville, Cinnaminson, NBC, Colls, HTwp, HC, Delran

I finally have the top the way I really, really wanted to put it at the beginning of the season -- CC, Gami, WW, Spirit -- but now with the addition of two more transfers, who knows how good Spirit really is. And Wilson has played better and better, Gami has struggled, and Boro still hasn't lost to anybody from SJ.

I feel good about the top of the list, though, and even the rest of the ranking is probably one of the most comfortable of the year so far. The only real hemming and hawing on my part came at the very ened, where I wondered what to do with Mainland after the bad loss to Pleasantville and the good one to Gami. Eventually, I decided to put the winner of the Pleasantville-Egg Harbor Township game in at No. 20, and it turned out to be EHT. Further, I decided that I could not drop a team (Heights) that did not lose, even though the team they lost to the week before lost to an unranked squad.

It sounds confusing, but trsut me when I say that this was an easy week.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger SMc. said…

    Billstown is Williamstown, of course. It's a nickname that was common during the boys soccer season, so I assumed that everybody would get it.
    As far as the coverage question, I try to see as many teams as I can, and on days that I don't cover, I direct the coverage of other reporters in as many directions as possible. We've done a couple stories on West tech, and I'd already planned on being at the Palmyra-Florence game you mentioned. It's always an interesting division, but unfortunately this year it's been kind of dominated by Trenton Catholic, a team from outside our coverage area. That's taken its toll on the attention.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home