UNOFFICIAL C-P Girls' Hoops

This is the unofficial home of the C-P's coverage of SJ high school girls' basketball. This blog will feature all the rumor, opinion, speculation and analysis that would never make it into print. Feel free to leave comments with the knowledge that you are helping drive the C-P's coverage of one of SJ's great communities.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New C-P T20

I've been sick these last few days, so I haven't been able to post at all. I'll try to get to some of the other stuff that went on in the interim, but the season lurches on so I can't promise anything. Anyway, here's the new rankings:

1. Gami
2. CCatholic
3. Wilson
4. Spirit
5. Willingboro
6. Haddonfield
7. Williamstown
8. Timber Creek
9. Atlantic City
10. Washington Twp
11. Cherry Hill East
12. Rancocas Valley
13. Haddon Heights
14. Bishop Eustace
15. Sacred Heart
16. Mainland
17. Pennsauken
18. Cumberland
19. Hammonton
20. Cinnaminson

Almost: Cherokee, EHT, OC, Lenape, Paul VI, Pitman

Now, I oroginally had Trenton Catholic ranked, but I was informed by an editor that we don't cover the Iron Mikes and they can't be ranked. Which is strange because they play in the Burlington County League. The school is not geographically in the traditional seven-county South Jersey area, but neither is anothe Burlco League school, New Egypt, which spent all fall ranking in field hockey. In any case, for those who wondered why TCath was missing (and will apparently continue to go missing) that's the reason. Contact my bosses if you disagree.

As expected, the T20 underwent a major overhaul since opening night. Most of the changes are self-explanatory to anything who was paying attention, and I don't have the time or the energy (still have some flu-like symptoms) to go through them all, so suffice it to say the decisions were as tough as ever. It probably would have helped to have another set of rankings before the holiday tournaments, since there was still a certain sense of guesswork going on. The toughest decision was probably the one that left both Cherokee and Lenape on the outside again, and I expect one or both of those teams to earn their way in eventually. But for both those squads, they had a loss too many this time around.

There are plenty of big games coming up this week, none bigger than Wilson-Catholic on Thursday, the subject of the column in Monday's edition of the C-P. Wilson actually has a bear of a week, with Paul VI on Tuesday, CC on Thursday and two-time defending Group 1 state champ Bloomfield Tech on Saturday. Then the Tigers play Holy Spirit next week at the Cougar Classic, so good luck to them, and they get some points for sheer fearlessness. Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home