UNOFFICIAL C-P Girls' Hoops

This is the unofficial home of the C-P's coverage of SJ high school girls' basketball. This blog will feature all the rumor, opinion, speculation and analysis that would never make it into print. Feel free to leave comments with the knowledge that you are helping drive the C-P's coverage of one of SJ's great communities.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Hello SJ

This is the unofficial home of the C-P's coverage of SJ high school girls' basketball. This blog will feature all the rumor, opinion, speculation and analysis that would never make it past the newspaper's copy editors and into print even if there was all the space in the world. But this is also a home for you.

One of the most valuable aspects of the blogosphere is its easy ability for dialogue. No one reporter can cover a community as large as yours without help. I'm going to make plenty of mistakes, and I'm going to apologize right now for not being everywhere at once, but with some communication the season can be a tremendous one for everyone involved. This blog is my open-door policy on the comments, questions and suggestions of the SJ girls' basketball community, and I invite you to use it in any way you choose. In two full seasons blogging on boys' soccer, I've probably only deleted one or two particularly abusive comments out of thousands that ran the entire gamut.

For an example of the kind of thing that might show up in this space, I refer you to the link above, which directs the browser to cpsoccer.ebloggy.com, the unofficial home of SJ high school boys' soccer. Some of you may be familiar with it, most probably are not.

The only other thing I'd say at this point -- besides wishing everyone a healthy and successful season -- is that I tend to take players and coaches a lot more seriously than I do parents. I don't mean to diminish the roles of moms and dads in their kids' lives and I do welcome any and all participation, but a little goes a long way.

I feel like I've heard it all from parents before, but high school kids surprise me practically every day.

Anyway, that;s it for now. Check back here for more as the season goes on, and I'll see you at the gym.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home